Friday, May 18, 2012

favorites of 2012

It's been months and months since I wrote anything here, not that there was ever anything resembling a following to entertain. But just like I wrote up my favorite songs of 2011 about a month before the year actually ended, I felt like linking up some of my favorites from this year.

Everybody loves music.


chairlift - met before
See also: I Belong In Your Arms, Ghost Tonight




sharon van etten - serpents
See also: All I Can, Leonard, really the entire "Tramp" album



cloud nothings - stay useless



hospitality - all day today
See also: Friends of Friends, Betty Wang



the shins - no way down
See also: The Rifle's Spiral, Bait and Switch



daniel rossen - up on high






marina & the diamonds - primadonna






the men - open your heart






beach house - lazuli
See also: Wishes, Myth



father john misty - hollywood forever cemetery sings

the tallest man on earth - 1904